Details to know for our Bold Vision, Bold Action 2013 Statewide Convention
Our Bold Vision, Bold Action Statewide Convention is just around the corner.
We’re excited you’ll be joining us!
Below is all the info you need to know to be ready to join in on the fun this Saturday, July 13th.
If you have anymore questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 515-282-0484.
- Friday Night Kick-off Party: Joining us for the party Friday? We hope so! We’ll gather at the CCI Statewide Headquarters at 2001 Forest Ave. in Des Moines around 6:00 pm for food, fellowship and fun. Catch up with old friends and meet new ones, including our guest speakers!
- Registration: Registration, coffee and social hour starts at 8:00 am in the ballroom. The convention will officially begin at 9:00 am and will wrap-up around 4:15 pm.
- Directions: The convention will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn at 8600 Northpark Drive in Johnston just north of I-80 on the west side of 86th Street.
-Take Exit 129, the NW 86th St. exit toward Camp Dodge.
-Turn north on 86th St.
-Turn left on Northpark Dr.
A map is listed below. If you need further directions call the hotel at (515)270-8890.
- Pie Auction: There will be a home-made pie silent auction featuring of some of Iowa CCI’s best bakers. It’s a fun way to help support CCI, so come ready to bid on some truly tasty pies!
- What to Wear: If you have a CCI t-shirt, we encourage you to wear it! Also, layers are a good idea as the hotel might be chilly. Wear comfortable shoes you can walk in.
- Agenda for the 14th:
8:00 Registration opens – and social hour with coffee, Silent pie auction begins
9:00 Opening Plenary – celebrating another year of victories
10:10 Workshops Session – you’ll pick two workshops from four dynamic speakers to get inspired on the issues you care about most
12:40 Lunch Program & Keynote – hear from Keynote Larry Cohen and national movement leaders on what it will take to achieve our bold vision for Iowa, and the country
2:00 Call to Action – always the highlight of the day – whether we’re putting our feet in the street or listening to surprise guest speakers, join us and find out
3:30 Closing Plenary – call to action report-back, upcoming events, and setting the “People-First” agenda for 2014
If you’ve got any questions, call us at the office at (515) 282 – 0484.