Sad news — this one is personal for us
We are sad to share that CCI Action member, longtime journalist, and dedicated organizer Scott Galindez passed away last week of kidney failure.
If we had a healthcare system that truly worked for people — not insurance profits — there’s a darn good chance Scott would still be with us today and for many days into the future.
THIS is why we fight.
Scott believed wholeheartily in guaranteed healthcare for all. That’s why he penned this last article from his hospice room in Mason City that was published just before he died: “The most important legislation of my lifetime“. Please read it.
And keep this important fight going strong in his memory:
- Share the heck out of Scott’s article.
- Join us for one of these Healthcare town halls next week:
- Des Moines – October 17 – 6:30 PM – 2500 University Ave
- Ames – October 18 – 11:30 AM – 2622 Lincoln Way
- Waterloo – October 18 – 6:30 PM – 225 Commercial St
- Iowa City – October 19 – 6:30 PM – 320 E College St
Scott was a fighter. Let’s honor his memory. Let’s win this healthcare fight.