If you’ve driven around Iowa, you’ve noticed row after row of long metal buildings. These are factory farms run by giant corporations. Decades ago, these were all small family farms.
Today, Iowans are in a pitched battle to save our family farms and ensure that our state has good local food and vibrant communities for generations to come.
It’s time to choose between family farms or low-wage, corporate factories run by absentee investors; between healthy food or salmonella outbreaks; between clean water or polluted rivers.
The latest in the Fight
- New CCI Report: Too much manure, no political will
- Read more on our Clean Water Fight here!
What We’ve Done
- Stopped the construction of nearly 100 factory farms.
- Forced Iowa to comply with the Clean Water Act.
- Won strong rules that curb pollution, including a ban on applying manure to frozen ground.
- Pushed the state to issue violations and fines to factory farm polluters.
- Protected the interests of everyday Iowans at the Statehouse.
- Read more about what we’ve done.
Join the Fight
Factory farm proposing to build near you? Have concerns about an existing facility? We can work with you and your community to fight back and stand up for clean air and water and your quality of life.
- We’re reminded daily why the CWA is important
- 4 ways the DNR can strengthen the Clean Water Act rules
- Why do we want Clean Water Act permits issued to factory farms?
- Timeline of how CCI members pushed DNR to come into compliance with the Clean Water Act
- Read more...