The American Dream is turning into a nightmare for an awful lot of people. The poor and middle class are getting poorer, while the rich one percent are getting much, much richer.
So is Wall Street helping the everyday people who bailed them out? Are they stepping up to the plate to pay their fair share of taxes, rehiring people and raising wages?
No, the banks, corporations, and their friends in Washington are waging a war against poor and middle class Americans to take away our Social Security benefits, Medicare, and Medicaid—all the while announcing massive layoffs.
We at Iowa CCI believe in people before profits, communities before corporations. We believe in watching out for each other and sharing in good times and bad.
We need an economy that works for everyone.
That’s why we’re taking on greedy banks, corporations, and predatory lenders. That’s why we’re fighting to preserve critical government programs like Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. That’s why we’re Fighting for $15/hour.
What We’ve Done
- Won tough city ordinances in Ames, Clive, Des Moines, Iowa City, West Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, Windsor Heights, and Waterloo that seriously restrict where predatory lenders can do business
- Saved dozens of homeowners from foreclosure, preserving millions of dollars in housing throughout the Des Moines area
- Pushed federal bank regulators to hold Wells Fargo and Bank of America accountable under the Community Reinvestment Act
Join the Fight
- Contact us for more information
- Join as an Iowa CCI member
- Sign up for our Email Action list
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter