Poweshiek members pack Supervisor’s meeting
Poweshiek County? How about “People Power”shiek County?!?
Yesterday, 56 Poweshiek County Iowa CCI members packed their Board of Supervisor’s meeting to tell them to deny a proposed Prestage Farms hog factory expansion.
The meeting was extremely powerful, with almost everyone in the room speaking up and doing a great job.
Three representatives from Prestage Farms, including CEO Ryan Pudenz from Ames and one representative from Pinnacle, who helps build their sites, also attending the meeting.
We are very confident that the Supervisors will recommend denial however we won’t find out until their July 24th meeting.
- Next thing on the calendar for Poweshiek County, however, is the DNR’s Environmental Protection Committee meeting Tuesday, July 17, where we need to pack the house again!
The people of Poweshiek County have been fighting all summer against Prestage Farms — a huge factory farming corporation based out of North Carolina that wants to expand two existing factory farm sites in Chester Township.
Join the Fight
Factory farm proposing to build near you? Have concerns about an existing facility?
We can work with you and your community to fight back and stand up for clean air, clean water, and your quality of life.
- Contact us for more information
- Join as an Iowa CCI member today or chip in $10 to support our organizing on this issue.
- Sign up for our E-Mail Action list to get the latest updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Who is behind the new construction and expansions?
- Why the sudden surge in factory farms?
- Read the latest news and actions on our factory farm organizing