Good news for Greene Co. factory farm fighters
GOOD NEWS: Monday morning, thanks to members’ hard work and testimony, the Greene County Board of Supervisors voted 3-2 to recommend that the DNR deny the permit for a 5,000-head, Cargill-backed factory farm near Jefferson.
This is a great first step! The DNR now has 30-days to make their decision.
But, members aren’t done yet. Next Tuesday, they’ll return to the Supervisors for a public hearing on ANOTHER proposed 5,000-head, this time Prestage-owned hog factory near Rippey.
Join the Fight!
If we want to see more wins like Greene County all across the state, there are four things you can do right now to help:
- Contact us for more information
- Join as an Iowa CCI member today or chip in $10 to support our organizing on this issue.
- Sign up for our E-Mail Action list to get the latest updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Read about the surge in new/expanding factory farm construction across the state.
- Who is behind the new construction and expansions?
- Why the sudden surge in factory farms?
- Read the latest news and actions on our factory farm organizing
Click LIKE or TWEET to share this good news and to cheer on Greene Co. member for their work to stand up for our air, water and quality of life.