We’re hiring a Membership and Database Assistant!
Open Position: Membership & Database Assistant
Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement is looking to fill the Membership & Database Assistant position on our dedicated staff team. This is a permanent, part-time position offered at our Des Moines headquarters.
The Membership & Database Assistant’s primary focus is working with our Membership & Database Coordinator to process donations, send daily thank you notes, and assist with membership renewal letter mailings. The Membership & Database Assistant also plays a key role in maintaining the accuracy of Iowa CCI’s growing database of dues-paying members and supporters through daily record checking, significant data entry, and running routine database checks to find problems and fix problems.
Good candidates will have strong computer skills, including use of Excel. Membership database/ database experience is helpful, but not required. People who can think systematically, learn quickly, and manage lots of details are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should be obsessively detail-oriented, have legible handwriting, and be able to work in a collaborative environment. Experience with dues-paying membership organizations a plus.
We’re looking for someone who appreciates the importance an accurate database and thoughtful, timely correspondence can play in building long-lasting relationships for social change work. A strong work ethic and sense of humor is a must!
* Assist the Membership & Database Coordinator with daily donation processing including data checking records and the printing and mailing of thank you notes.
* Assist with membership renewal mailings, including hand signing letters, folding and collating materials, and assembling mailings.
* Assist with data entry for big organizational events or issue campaigns and perform routine database maintenance to find and fix data problems.
* Assist with other organizational mailing and database needs as necessary.
* Commitment to Iowa CCI’s mission as a path towards progressive change.
* Strong computer skills, including Excel, the ability to learn our database system.
* Internet sleuthing skills to look up missing contact information and decipher bad handwriting.
* Impeccable attention to detail and desire to impress with accuracy and gratitude.
* Experience in database, membership or individual giving, or organizing campaigns a plus
* Legible handwriting.
* Ability to organize and manage multiple projects while working in a team setting.
About Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement
Iowa CCI is a forward-thinking, agenda-setting, speak-truth-to-power community organizing group that knows how to mobilize lots of everyday people to stand up for what’s right and put pressure where it needs to be put to win policies that put people first. For more than 45 years, our mission has been simple: help everyday people be a powerful force for justice.
Our current organizing campaigns include: Clean Water Fight/Stop Factory Farms, Racial Justice/Stop Racial Profiling, No Fossil Fuels/Clean Energy Future, Healthcare for All, and electoral work to change “business as usual” politics.
Our thousands of dues-paying members across the state believe you don’t have to stand by and just let things happen, which is probably why we’re growing so much. We view this troublesome time as a clear call to action and an opportunity to build political power to shape the Iowa we want and need to see.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, occasional physical demands could be hand-addressing and assembling large 500-piece mailings.
Salary and Benefits
This is a permanent non-exempt part-time position being offered at 16-20 hours/week (.4-.5 FTE) to start.
A note on hours: We’re flexible on the hours of they day so long as they fall between 9-5. Prefer a regular weekly schedule, the more days a week the better as it helps us get thank you notes out in a timely manner. The last staff in this position worked 10-2ish, Mon-Thurs (~16/wk), the staff before that worked Mon-Friday 8-12 (~20/wk). Questions about this are welcome, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Pay for this position is hourly starting at $15/hour
* Generous paid vacation
* Great work environment
How to apply
Email resume, and cover letter by September 15, 2018 to: Katie Bryan, Development & Communications Director, katie [at] iowacci.org
>> Please put “Membership Assistant” in the subject line.
**Iowa CCI is an equal opportunity employer**