Make Des Moines a “Welcoming City”
Our ‘Welcoming City’ ordinance has its first public hearing on Monday!
Your presence at the Des Moines City Council meeting will make the difference – can you be there?
Waves of cities across the country have passed similar ordinances to protect the public safety of immigrant and refugee communities.
Our ‘Welcoming City’ ordinance formally declares Des Moines a welcoming city to immigrant families. And it takes that commitment a step further by:
- establishing a task force to create and implement city policies that make Des Moines more accessible to immigrants
- ensuring that our local law enforcement agencies aren’t working for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- promoting inclusivity through programs like Community ID
Let’s show the City Council, the media, and Trump what Iowa values really look like!
Join a broad coalition of Iowans standing with our immigrant friends and neighbors.
When? Monday, May 8th at 4:30pm
Where? 1551 E. Martin Luther King Jr PKWY
It’s our turn to stand on the right side of history! This is about more than resistance; we’re fighting for what our communities need.
Join the Fight!
- Add your name to our petition by clicking here!
- If you’re inspired by everyday Iowans standing up to Steve King’s racist vitriol, please join, donate, chip in today!
- Sign up for our email Action List
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.