Take action on for immigrants in Iowa and at the border
Photo of our standing-room-only Iowa City meeting by Eli Shepard
As we explained at this week’s packed Deportation Defense meetings in Marshalltown, Iowa City, and Des Moines, we’re organizing to:
- create community response teams to prevent deportations,
- develop new strategies to reduce the harm of SF 481,
- build grassroots resistance to anti-immigrant agenda,
- and get ICE out of Iowa.
A few action items came out of the meetings:
- You have been calling Chuck Grassley, Joni Ernst, and David Young – keep calling! Tell them to keep families together, hold ICE accountable, and reform immigration so that our country can be a shining beacon of hope to all. Use this line from our national allies: 1-877-291-2172 – it will patch you directly to your Representative.
- If you’re interested in getting more involved by connecting your church with a sanctuary network or accompanying people to ICE check-ins, contact Erica Johnson at AFSC of Iowa: 515-209-2733 or email@example.com
- If you would like to get involved with the Iowa ICE Rapid Response team, call Madeline at 515-282-0484, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
And, stay tuned to our emails as we roll out more work on this issue.