Here are the top five ways you can dive into and be a part of a statewide movement to “Put People First!”:
1. Join as a Iowa CCI member:
The best way to help us win the fight for a better Iowa is to join in. Your membership and your financial support is the fuel that keeps our social justice bus running. Through timely alerts, meetings with decision makers, public hearings and more, we will give you opportunities to make your voice heard loud and clear on issues you care about most.
- Click here to join as a Iowa CCI member today!
- Already a member? Consider hosting a CCI house party or giving a gift membership.
2. Connect Online:
We’ll give you a peek behind the scenes at Iowa CCI and give you quick opportunities to help out and share our message. It’s a fun and powerful way to stay in touch!
- Join our mailing list. It’s the best way to stay up-to-date on events and other opportunities to get involved.
- Click here to find us Facebook and Twitter.
- New to social media? Here are five ways to help share our message on Facebook.
3. Attend an event or meeting:
- Invite your friends and family to come with you and experience the power of Iowa CCI events first hand.
- Mark your calendar now and plan to join us for our two best annual events:
- Rally & Lobby Day at the Statehouse – first day of legislative session every year
- Iowa CCI Statewide Convention – every July, keep an eye on our Calendar!
4. Contact a decision maker:
A key to our success is that we are persistent and make our voices heard—in the mail, online, on the phone, and in person.
- Sign up for our email alerts. We’ll let you know when your call or email to a decision maker can have the biggest impact on an issue you care about.
- Phone legislators
- Lobbying tips
- Hold legislators accountable
“People power” is the key to our success and we couldn’t get it done without some behind the scenes help.
Several key times of year we need volunteers to help with data entry, phone banking, mailings and tabling.
- Contact us to inquire about volunteer opportunities.
Have an issue you’d like to organize on, please don’t hesitate to contact us.