Wells Fargo: Get your money out of our democracy
The American economy is broken – it works for the wealthiest 1% and large corporation like Wells Fargo, not the 99%.
Banks have been controlling the economy for too long, setting the rules up in their own favor and escaping justice when their greed has devastating effects. It’s because they have the best government that their money can buy.
No more big bank money in our political system.
Wells Fargo and its top executives use money to make government work for them.
Wells Fargo makes contributions to candidates, ballot initiatives, Political Action Committees, and lobbyists in order secure preferential treatment from our government.
From 2008-2010 Wells Fargo spent:
- $156,841 on State Ballot Measures
- $1,300,250 in Federal Candidate Contributions
- $11,040,000 in Lobbying Expenses
From 2008-2010 Wells Fargo received:
- $680,800,000 in a U.S. Tax Refund
- $49,370,000,000 in U.S. Profits
To secure a government of, by, and for the people we need to get unlimited, undisclosed corporate money out.
- Wells Fargo must pledge to keep its money out of elections: Disclose corporate money in elections to date and pledge to keep all Wells Fargo money out of the 2012 and future elections.
>> Back to the WANTED: Wells Fargo page