Freaked out about the condition of water quality in Iowa?
Upset with the decline of rural communities?
Angry that Iowa’s politicians are not holding corporations accountable and think people like us should pay to clean up the water crisis?
Here’s your opportunity to do something about it, have a new experience every day, work with real people who feel the way you do and get paid while doing it!
Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement (Iowa CCI) is hiring full time canvassers for temporary or long term positions in the Des Moines metro and surrounding area. We are looking for individuals who work hard and have a passion for social, economic, racial and environmental justice.
Canvassers will knock on doors (rain or shine, hot or cold), talk to people about political issues, sign up dues-paying members and help build people power to create a better future for Iowa. Canvassers work 35-40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement (Iowa CCI) is a 42 year old grassroots, member-led organization that builds the power of everyday people to win social, economic, racial and environmental justice for all. We fundamentally believe that everyday people can be a powerful force for justice and that people most directly impacted by an issue should be in the driver’s seat – making decisions and taking leadership roles. We get things done on tough issues by being strategic, persistent, and by dealing directly with decision-makers.
- Recruiting new dues-paying members to join the organization
- Raising money on a daily basis and meeting fundraising goals
- Administrative reporting
- Participation in daily trainings and meetings
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Resiliency, grit and thick skin
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to walk for long periods of time up and down steps and hills in variable weather (approximately 5 hours per day, knocking 80+ doors and talking to 25-35 people)
Salary and Benefits:
- Base wage of $15/hour plus competitive performance bonuses
- Health/dental/vision insurance benefits after 60 day probationary period
- Training is provided
How to Apply:
Email resume, two references and cover letter by May 1, 2017 to: Tim Glaza, Canvass Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Canvasser” in the subject line.
**Iowa CCI is an equal opportunity employer.**
Women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.